Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Every Blog has a First Post

So here goes my first post!  I decided to start a blog to document all the changes and happenings in my life.  I may be only 22 years old, but I am on the verge of finishing student teaching, graduating with a 4-year college degree, getting married, getting a job, and getting our first place all within the next 2-4 months!  Life comes at you fast is definitely the motto of my life.  I hope this blog serves as an opportunity to slow down life a bit and document every day so the days don't just slip away into a blur.  I am sure I will look back on these first few posts in several months and laugh.  Time just seems to be flying and I am desperately trying to slow things down and enjoy each day as its own blessing. 

I figure I would give some interesting or random facts in no specific order about myself as a first opening post:
I was born on Christmas day and no I don't hate it!

I am one of 6 children in my family, we range from 26 years old down to 6 years old.

I am the second oldest, but oldest girl

Yes we all came from the same two married parents!

My older brother and sister-in-law are expecting the first grandchild due mid August (excitement is brewing!)

I'll be the second in our family to be married!

My parents are honestly my biggest role models and I owe them everything

I count myself blessed to be engaged to my best friend Brian

I met Brian at college and we have been dating almost 4 years

He is from Pittsburgh and I am from Cleveland (it is safe to say no Steelers or Browns items will be in our home to keep mutual allegiances)

We are getting married June 4th, 2011

We're going to Disney for a week for our honeymoon and we're so pumped for it!!!!

Brian is currently seeking a job in Cleveland as he graduated a term early

House Hunters is my favorite television show so I am soooooo ready to look for a house!

I have a passion for photography, scrapbooking, and other art related activities

I hate drawing, yet I'm student teaching currently 2 drawing classes

I already completed 6 weeks student teaching at an elementary school

I currently am student teaching at a high school for the next 6 weeks

Reading books is not a favorite past time of mine, but I love reading Internet articles, especially MSN

I am Byzantine Catholic - yes we follow the Pope which is why we are Catholic which means no we are not Orthodox for those that insist on telling me I am Orthodox....

I love and have a heart for children

Honduras holds a special place in my heart as I have done mission work there at an orphanage two times now and try to keep in touch with a few of the orphan kids who imprinted themselves into my heart.

I hope to be an international missionary and possibly live overseas with my family at some point, a girl can dream!

My cheetah print snuggie is almost always on when I am at home, everyone needs one of these!

I love frogs and have an ample supply of everything and anything with frogs on it....trust me I have it!

I am obsessed with country music, any sappy love songs, 90's music, and Christian music (which most people don't know)

Celine Dion and Josh Groban I LOVE with a DEEP PASSION (words can in no relative close way describe my love for them!)

Researching random things on the internet for example suburban chicken coops, different diseases or conditions, photography tips, newly discovered animals, and such are daily happenings in my life

I have a dog Levi, two guinea pigs Paprika and Rosie, and a tree frog Jaxon!

I definitely have the best friends anyone could have, and no I'm not just saying that, it's true :)

Graduating is a bittersweet thought.  So ready to by done with college, but not looking forward to leaving all our friends and being "on our own", yet I am excited all at once.

I secretly love anything Dr. Seuss or anything with gnomes, not many people have knowledge of that (trying to stop from being overloaded with every item imagineable like I have been when word got out I loved frogs)!

Camping is my favorite thing to do, I choose camping over hoteling any time!

My best Christmas gift was my pop-up camper (well it ties with our honeymoon!)

I talk a lot so this is a great outlet....I apologize upfront for my random ramblings this blog will incur.

That is only a quick list of random facts about me. 


I decided to do a 30 Day Challenge in order to start off my blog and hope to blog every day when possible.  Here is what the challenge entails:

Day 1: Meaning behind your blog name
Day 2: Take a photo of a random part of your day and tell us about it
Day 3: Photos from your wedding
Day 4: A weird hobby, collection, or obsession
Day 5: A song that means a lot to you
Day 6: A random picture that makes you happy
Day 7: Favorite past time
Day 8: A place you've traveled to
Day 9: Your favorite quote
Day 10: Something you're afraid of
Day 11: TV shows that your currently addicted to
Day 12: Something you don't leave the house without
Day 13: A photo that makes you laugh
Day 14: A website you love to visit
Day 15: Share a Bible verse
Day 16: Describe your dream house
Day 17: What’s in your purse?
Day 18: Photos from around your town
Day 19: Something you miss
Day 20: Something you're passionate about
Day 21: Favorite Movies
Day 22: Share the oldest photo that’s saved on your computer
Day 23: Something you fear
Day 24: A photo of somewhere beautiful
Day 25: 3 things you hope to accomplish by the end of the year
Day 26: Something that stresses you out
Day 27: Your favorite poem
Day 28: A photo of the inside of your car
Day 29: 5 things you are thankful for
Day 30: a picture from today

I hope you stop by again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment