Sunday, May 5, 2013

Zoo Trips

Last week I put our zoo pass to good use!  We do use our pass a lot throughout the year however I've never used it twice in the same week.  On Monday my nephew GT, my mom, and I went to the zoo then on Thursday GT joined Erin (my best friend from all the way back to 1st grade!), Scott, Maverick my 2nd born nephew (no not by blood but surely my nephew!), and I for another day at the zoo!  GT ate it all up, the first day he had an obsession with the elephants and went all day saying "effafint" even as we drove home.  On Thursday while he loved seeing his beloved "effafint", he made quick friends with a monkey.  He spent at least 20 minutes sitting and chatting through the glass to his new monkey friend and the monkey honestly seemed to be listening.  It's hard not to feel bad for them as they seem so human behind the glass.  These were my first two trips of the year but I am sure there will be many more to come! 

Monday Trip:

On the tram with Mimsy.  Though his face doesn't show it, he was excited to be on the tram and kept yelling "choo choo" insisting it was a train.






Had to get a photo with the elephant sign!




Zookeeper George




Posing




More posing


One last time yelling "rawr" to the dinosaur as we left.

Thursday Trip:

Erin, Scott, and Mavadoodle




His monkey friend






Chatting away with the monkey








Cheesy smile, love it!


Monkey photo bomb!






Love his smile!


His ladies man look!




Maverick loved the stingray


A new monkey friend






 
He sure does have a need to point out everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment