Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend with a Dose of the Week

Last week was a busy week and rolled right into a very productive weekend.  I am loving my Nikon Coolpix S01 point and shoot camera.  It is super tiny and fits right into my purse so no longer do I need to use my camera on my phone, but I can actually get some decent pictures in better quality! Anyways here's a little glimpse of the week and mostly weekend.  Mary Grace stayed with us all weekend so my parents could go to the land together.  Tucker and Meeko enjoyed her company that's for sure!


First ice cream truck of the year!


A Malley's adventure




Some of us did some swimming




Quinn had her senior prom on Friday!
















We busted out the pressure washer over the weekend and pressure washed the siding around our whole house.  This was the worst side facing East since it only gets morning sun.  We weren't too keen with the green look so decided to do something about it!  Last year we just pressure washed one area but I am happy we decided to tackle the whole house this year as it has made a big difference!  The front wasn't bad at all but still cleaned up a bit. 


Brian did everything high up on the ladder and I took on the bottom areas.


We busted out the sunscreen for Tucker's nose, white thin fur and sun makes him put Rudolph the red nose reindeer to shame! 


Meeko did what he does best all day, sunbathed.


We had to remind Tucker often that he could not help!


When I say we did the whole house I wasn't joking! 

We also pressure washed our concrete patio off and cleaned all the chairs and table that seem to have been invaded by the pollen in the past few weeks! 


Everyone was tired by the end of the weekend!


Mary didn't know I was snapping these pictures, too cute!  Tucker is just soaking all the love up!


Red-nose whippet!


Cuddling up with Mary, they just love her!


Our tomatoes and sweet pepper seedlings are continuing to do well


The cucumbers and zucchini seeds were just planted a little over a week ago and shot right up, soon to pass the tomatoes and sweet peppers which have been planted for many more weeks.  We are hoping next week to buy and arrange our straw bales and start the decomposing process so we can get our seedlings nestled into their new home sometime after Mother's Day!  This will be our first year gardening and our first time gardening straight into straw bales.  Should make for a unique experience, hoping our dogs won't be eating all of our yummy vegetables we hope we will get!

No comments:

Post a Comment