Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Holy Buttons!

I am known for just randomly looking at different things and picking up inspiration.  Inspiration can come from anything and everything.  For me, when I'm inspired, it is almost scary as I always have "A great idea!"  My newest inspiration that got my wheels turning was no other than buttons!  Yes those simple circle pieces of usually plastic with a few holes in. I have seen buttons used for a bazillion of things from jewelry to lampshades to accessorizing clothes and bags.  I stumbled upon buttons on canvas....and I'm hooked!  It was love at first sight when I saw this Exhibit A:

So darn cute!  I have a little thing for elephants so it comes with no surprise that
combining elephants and buttons is heavenly to me!

What's cuter than one elephant?!?! Of course two!!!!
 
What's even cuter than two elephants?!?! A mommy and baby elephant!  I'm in love!!!!!!

Oh the endless possibilities of button elephants......
 
If you're a semi normal person, unlike me, and aren't too in love with button elephants maybe some of these wonderful button on canvas creations will be more of your cup of tea
4 Seasons
 
Right in time for some Halloween....love the broken buttons used! 

Simple yet love this!

Extreme button portrait

Psychedelic button tree

Simple and elegant

Is it just me or do owls always look pissed off?!?!

Another psychedelic button tree

For the button loving man

How could this not make you smile?!?!

Love these!

Love this though it has no buttons, but cut out paper bringing a 3-dimensional
 look like buttons do.  You can see my wheels turning on what other than buttons
can be used on canvas to create a similar feel.

 
SO WHAT HAS INSPIRED YOU TODAY?  

1 comment:

  1. Did you draw the elephant or was a stencil? I’m not a artist so drawing is out.

    ReplyDelete