Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Back!!!!!

Yes you are reading now the second post in a row!  Two days, two different postings!  Don't get too excited now on me.

I originally intended on blogging about the AMAZING transformations of some rooms I decided to remodel.  My unsuspecting husband goes on his first week of this terribly long 6-8 week long Chicago adventure business trip which leaves me with a lot of alone time to watch the Oprah Network of course!
While watching endless amounts of Oprah shows and such I begin to hatch a plan.  How about I renovate a room, one at a time, while my husband is out of town?  It would be like Extreme Home Makeover in my own home!  How hard could this be?!?! HAHAHAHA!  Cue the horror Halloween shrieking music!  Ok, ok so it was not that bad of an idea and definitely would keep me busy while he is gone in the windy city.  Let's just say I've had better ideas.
So I started with our bedroom.  Painted the ceiling, walls, did a cool fancy shmancy stenciled accent wall, pulled out carpeting, pulled out a million and one staples and tack strips, then KABOOOM room done!  I just made it sound oh so easy peasy which it was none of!  Luckily I have these wonderful family accomplices helping me with my crazy idea....yes even they think I'm crazy!  Upon the same time we start pulling down wallpaper in the family room and front entrance hallway.  I am happy to say we were able to complete the master bedroom in time however the family room/front entrance hallway/main hallway had a sign of being under construction when Brian came home.  To say he was shocked is an understatement with the bedroom!  He had no idea the entire week everything I was doing and he came home to a messy house as the rest was under construction

Now that I shared the first week he was gone with you all and how the bedroom came out great.....I currently have no pictures to show for it right now!  I am in due process of locating the memory card holding the before and after pictures.  When I come across it, which will be tonight some time, I will post tomorrow the before and afters of the bedroom.  Then another post to follow thereafter on the family room/front entrance hallway/main hallway before's and after's.

                                                                     It's worth the wait! 











No comments:

Post a Comment