Monday, June 17, 2013

Always Playing Catch Up!


This is how my Monday started!  Yup thankfully for Christmas from my parents one of our gifts was AAA gold service, put it to great use!  Just had to dial 7 digits (ok really 11 because of the 1-800) and within 15 minutes a tow truck was there to take my car to the repair shop for no charge (well the yearly fee covers it).  Noticed on our way back from dropping off Brian's rental car last week that suddenly my brakes stopped working....as in push your foot all the way down and still flying at 50 mph!  Luckily I pumped them and then floored it again and little by little it slowed down.  We were less than a mile from home on side streets so I made sure to just floor it ahead of time so we would be stopped when we needed to be.  Made it home and there she sat until this morning when she could be whisked away to be repaired.  Hoping it's only something minor!


I spent last week in Columbus, OH with Brian as he was on business.  He will be busy with this ongoing project for the next several weeks so more trips I can see coming in the future every few weeks as long as I have a dog sitter.  The big perk was my brother and his wife and son live only a 5 minutes drive from where we were staying.  While Brian was working, I spent most of the days with my brother and the king.


One of the evenings my sister-in-law had a work function so Brian and I took the little guy.  We chanced taking him to Hibachi to find he was in pure heaven.  Don't let his face fool you, this kid would not stop eating! 


He ate all of his onion soup, everything from his salad except the lettuce itself, shrimp, chicken, steak, salmon from uncle Brian, veggies, tons of white rice, and even a huge portion of my fried rice which ended up being his favorite as he declared to the entire restaurant "egg!" every time he found a piece!  We ended up cutting him off after he ate more than Brian and I though he was still going strong! 


We took him back to our hotel for some swimming.  I'm sure with all that he ate he surely would have floated all on his own! 


He was all smiles!




We came home from Columbus and went right to the land for the night then to our friends graduation/moving party Saturday for the night to head right back to the land Sunday for fathers day.  After lunch we headed back to our house to shower and go to the Canadian Tenors concert.  It was phenomenal to say the least, my expectations were not very high going in however they blew me away!  Even Brian was shocked.  Come this morning this is what both of our pups looked like!  They are just as tired as we are after a long week and weekend!


I also secured the appointment for this upcoming Friday for Tucker to be neutered.  This is how he reacted when I shared the news :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment