Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What's up?



  • I love me some bullet point blog posts for quick updates!
  • Brian flew home from Chicago Thursday evening after being there since early Monday morning.  Always great to have him home and I do miss him dearly when he is gone.   I keep busy, well the dogs surely keep me busy alone, but it's inevitable to miss your other half.  Who knew I would complain about having the whole bed to myself?!?!
  • Our appointment Friday with the Reproductive Endocrinologist went as well as it could.  She threw the information out at us and the options and told us it is completely up to us on where to go from here.  She said because we hadn't met in some time she wanted to have a little update appointment so the three of us (her, Brian, and I) could all be on the same page and come up with our plan of attack.
  • We decided our attack plan will be to wait out another month on birth control and added in a medication called Metformin in the interim to help with the insulin resistance that comes with PCOS then we will start back up with injectibles but this time start with the last dose and work from there instead of starting back lower.
  • It was nice to notice after only 3 weeks of birth control pills my hormones had leveled out from the PCOS and I lost 8 lbs in those few short weeks!  The doctor expects my body to continue to lose the weight I gained when I'm off the birth control hormones pills however once I go off and start treatments she said don't expect not to gain some or most of it back.  So for today I celebrate for once in almost the past 2 years my hormones are back in sync and my body is responding however we know it is only short lived.  Then again if it was about weight I would stay on the birth control hormone pills and return to my pre-going-off-the-pill weight and not be trying but I'm choosing the latter.  This child better be worth it, pre-warn them please!
  • The Metformin so far hasn't been too bad.  I'm only on a small dosage but its enough to wreck a little havoc on my stomach which comes with the territory of taking it.  To be honest I expected worse however again I'm only on a tiny dose so that could be the difference.
  • After the appointment Friday I was able to mow the lawn for the second time this year.  Love mowing the lawn, something so meditating about it!  Brian cleaned his car while I was mowing and when we were done we went on a long bike ride and came home to grab some pizza.  We had a laid back Friday night but it was nice after not having him around all week!
  •  Saturday we went to my cousin Josh's First Communion party. 
  • Unfortunately we weren't there long before Brian ended up feeling really sick.  He had woken up that morning in a full sweat but we thought it was just him being overheated which does happen, men are furnaces!  The chills while still sweating like crazy, headache, stomach problems, and muscle aches quickly set in and it seems that perhaps from his plane ride to Chicago he likely picked up a bug and by the time he came home it had incubated enough to then unleash on his whole immune system.  Even when he left this morning for Chicago he still was sick however he was much better (or maybe just use to it) from when he was on Saturday and Sunday.  Hopefully it will run its course quickly!
  • Sunday Brian stayed home while I asked my parents to trudge along to look at a really nice Rainbow play system playground I found off Craigslist for sale.  Both my parents, Quinn, and Mary joined and I ended up sealing the deal!  We figure with fostering we would need a playground sooner or later and this deal was too good to pass up.  We are hoping to take it down and bring it home and put back up not this upcoming week but next with help from family and friends...not it will become a fight with who will go down the slide first as several people have tried to call dibs!
  • Since we were out in the area we ended up at my dad's aunt and uncles.  It was nice to visit with them as we don't see them very often. 
  • Today I dropped Brian off at the airport before 5 am again and kissed him goodbye. 
  • We ended up going to the zoo then shopping.
  • Came home to spend time with my pups for a while then a random trip to Malley's for some ice cream was in store with my family.  It had been some time since I had Malley's but it's always a welcomed treat and of course my lactose stomach is never happy with me after but it is oh so worth it!
****I thought I would do another Questions and Answers post shortly.  I had some great questions last time from all over and decided I would open up again to take some Questions and give the Answers I can!  I know I have gotten some great facebook messages lately asking about this or that so figured I would open it up and see what other questions may be out there or topics you have on your brain so I can make a whole post of it! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment