Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bullet Point Update

I loved the ease of the bullet point update awhile back so decided it was about time for another one!

  • We decided this weekend to stay home and get things done.  We were to go to the land to paint, however we really needed to get things done on the home front. 
  • We spent a good portion of today in the backyard making our lawn orderly.  Right before we had our fence installed and our shed dropped off we took down a few small tree's (as in the night before with only our backyard motion light for lighting...leave it to us for last minute projects!).  It then began to snow and we have just not been able to get to it due to the weather.  It finally warmed up and with the snow gone we started a fire to burn all the branches and brought out the chainsaw to chop up the bigger wood and piled it all behind our shed to use in our fire pit.  After a few hours our backyard is finally no longer looking like it was logged! 
  • Meeko and Tucker loved spending those hours in the backyard with us.  The two ran around and we even found out Tucker could go underneath our shed!  We found this out when we were looking for him then suddenly his head popped out from underneath the one side that is a bit more raised and he was just laying there chewing on a stick.  Poor Meeko couldn't fit, his head barely fit under when he tried to find Tuck Tuck!  The fence has truly paid off and it was nice to have them running around (beyond stealing wood from our wood pile and leaving it throughout the yard!).  We can't wait for the weather to stay nice out so we can spend more time outside!
  • We also completed the nursery today by putting up the decals.  We have to have the room ready for when our social worker comes this upcoming Wednesday for her to sign off on it hence why it needed to be done.  A few days ago we were able to get my family crib from my parents as well as the very rocker that my mom got when I was born.  With all the dings and chew marks I am in love with them!  There is just something so special about a crib that shows its history as I'm sure many of those bite marks came from my teeth!  This crib was used for all of us...except Mary...so the history holds a special place in my heart!  Just when I thought it was complete we decided today a shelf would function well for the room so now we are on the hunt for one, so perhaps these types of things are never complete!
  • After being disappointed for the past week about medications for this whole baby making thing not work (after it always has!) I was pretty disheartened, but then yesterday I had an ultrasound and I got a call that afternoon to go ahead and start the Follistim injectibles.  I was completely shocked to say the least that we could move forward, but I'm not complaining!  Now after two injections that I have given myself, I can honestly say the Follistim pen is da' bomb.  I can hardly even feel the tiny needle and have only minor discomfort and bleeding at the injection site after.  To think I was a bit weary about giving myself injections, I can truly say it is nothing!
  • As I stated earlier, we have our second home study visit with our social worker this upcoming Wednesday.  We are doing our individual and couple interviews with her this go around.  We are actually down to only 2 more pre-service classes!  After those classes are done we need to take a one day pretty long foster 101 class which goes over specifics we need to know as foster parents working with the system as well as we get cpr and first aid certified so it's a lengthy class.  After that class we are officially done with classes!  Except by next year we need to have 30 or 40 hours (I believe) done of additional training each year to keep certification as foster parents so perhaps we will have more in the near future.
  • Tomorrow we have another surprise date night.  I think Brian will be pleasantly surprised again!  I can't say much more as I know he reads my blog so tomorrow evening or the next time I blog I will surely elaborate :)
  • Just as I was about to publish this post my mom called.  Ended up she and Marie were together so they came over for some tea.  I can say I'm the first in their ongoing joke to have invited them to tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment