Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bullet Point Mood


  • So I'm in a bullet point mood, short sweet and snappy. 
  • Why bullet points?  This is my blog and I make the rules!
  • How many bullet points?  As many as I want because of what I stated above.
  • Talked with our home study social worker today, she's coming this upcoming Tuesday the 12th for our first home visit and interviews.
  • Not sure how many visits and interviews we will have.
  • I'm excited to get this ball rolling especially since we are way ahead of schedule.
  • I'm also aware we have a lot to get done before we get full approval.
  • No everything won't be done by the time she comes and that's fine.
  • Tomorrow is our 6th fostering class which marks the half way point!
  • We get a new instructor tomorrow so we shall see how this goes
  • Our basement is coming along. 
  • Basement is completely framed and now working on insulation and wiring electrical boxes and recessed lighting.
  • Hoping the new basement room will be finished by the end of February so we can start on the other side.
  • Chances are low that will happen by the snail pace we are going.
  • The first floor office is empty and our basement now houses more crap piled up!
  • Planning on painting soon, possibly this week.
  • I've been itching to paint so why not start on the room since I have the paint?
  • I was friended on Facebook and contacted by the boy Luis that I've known for 6 years in Honduras.
  • We chatted for about twenty minutes.
  • I was in heaven.
  • He is doing well and starting school in the capitol, he no longer is at the boys farm.
  • I look forward to keeping in close touch with him, thank you Facebook!
  • I have been yearning to go back to Honduras a lot lately as well as Brian has shared the same yearning.  Luis reaching out to me and asking when he will see his madrina and padrino (godmother and godfather which he refers to us as) again just magnified that feeling!
  • This fertility cycle completely failed (well Friday will verify that 110% at my ultrasound).
  • I was not only upset and shed tears (even before I got out of the building) when I found out this past Monday, but I was angry.
  • Where this anger came from is beyond me, something I haven't felt towards this process before.  Perhaps from frustration and that the prior Thursday ultrasound had looked so promising and Monday chopped that excitement up in half and left me with salt in my wounds.
  • Sometimes life blows.
  • Where do we go from here?  Well office appointment March 1st to talk with the reproductive endocrinologist about our next step because what we are doing now is going nowhere and failing.
  • Yay I have to wait almost a whole month to get in to see my RE which blows!
  • Next step is injectibles, really serious step up....this should be fun...
  • I apologize to all in my daily life right now ahead of time as they are known to cause severe mood swings, makes Brian so excited!
  • Don't worry, we will hide the knives and all other plausible weapons before!
  • Hopefully we will have better luck or at least get the follicles to grow.  All I want even if we aren't successfully pregnant after the first round, that I know the chance was actually there because right now it's just one big failure.
  • Always seems to be one problem after another, when it rains it sure does pour.
  • I've been feeling in the dumps lately even before my bad news.  I think it's this weird weather that's been bipolar on us and that time of the year I just want and NEED sunshine and warm weather!
  • Can't wait to be able to walk outside barefoot.
  • I want Spring to come....NOW!
  • Hopefully my mood will pick back up and I will be back to being my normal happy self.
  • Tucker continues to do well, he's only been with us for 2 weeks but it feels way longer than that.
  • He is mischievous and keeps me up and going, can't sit for longer than 2 mintes without him getting into something.
  • He has the whole pottying thing completely down.  He was a quick learner and we had few mistakes in the house.
  • Jeeze do I love our hardwood floors for those times he failed to make it outside.
  • I had him on an hourly schedule of putting him out, three days in a row now he has gone to the back door and whines and scratches the door the same way Meeko does.
  • Score 1 for us!  He is officially trained! 
  • Going to see a community theatre Les Mis performance this Friday, never seen it before but know a bit of the background story.
  • A friends sister is one of the leads so we are making it a girls outing with dinner before the play, should be fun. 
  • Yup running out of bullet points and I'm sure many stopped reading by now.
  • Thank you if you read it all.
  • You get a gold star!

No comments:

Post a Comment