Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Accident


I failed to yield.

I stepped on the gas so that I would not need to stop.

I thought my right of way was more important. I thought that I had better reason for getting out front. I was traveling faster anyway. It seemed to make sense.

I assumed there would be an understanding. A mutual agreement between us.

He must have forgot.

He held pace, which was no match for mine.

We collided. Crashed. It was so painful!

Don't you know?

I assumed you understood!

You know me! You know what I want... right?

Look at this mess! Oh the pain...

I screamed these words and sobbed.

His feet were near, so on them I collapsed.

Exhausted from leaning on myself, my strength was gone.

Oh the pain and suffering from my own ways. For trying to lead myself I now suffer horrible pain.

In one last attempt, I tried to understand, You knew, right? You know me! You knew of my plans...

My wailing was silenced. He bent down and whispered...

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. (Jeremiah 29: 11 & 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment